|Total number of on-site delegates:||531*|
|APNIC Member organizations represented:||125|
|YouTube:||1,186 views; 18,228 minutes viewed|
Total people reached:
|1,249 (Twitter) by 320 unique users|
|Meeting network site and mobile app:||446 delegates signed in|
APNIC EC Election
Three positions on the APNIC EC were up for election. The nominations (in the order they were received) were:
- Sila May
- Md. Harun -Or- Rashed
- Tomohiro Fujisaki
- Roopinder Singh Perhar
- Ma Yan
- Rajesh Chharia
- 2015 Internet Governance Forum from the perspective of the number community.
- Maemura Akinori provided an update on the NETmundial Initiative.
- Adli Wahid shared APNIC’s cybersecurity outreach activities in 2015 and plans for engagement in 2016.
- Dr. Govind discussed the ongoing debate in India and around the world on NetNeutrality and zero rating.
- Kuo Wei Wu welcomed the community to Taipei for the 2016 APrIGF, to take place from 27-29 July.
The NIR SIG shares information relating to the operations, policies, and procedures of National Internet Registries (NIRs) with the aim of promoting close cooperation among the NIRs and with the APNIC Secretariat.
The NIR SIG had presentations from the following NIRs:
- CNNIC Update (Zhen Yu)
- JPNIC Update (Hiroki Kawabata and Izumi Okutani)
- TWNIC Update (Ching-heng Ku)
- KRNIC Update (Euna Na)
- APJII-IDNIC Update (Benyamin Naibaho)
- IRINN Update (Rajesh Chharia)
APNIC's Nurul Islam also had a community discussion on training and technical assistance needs.
The APNIC Policy SIG is an open forum to develop policies and procedures that relate to the management and use of Internet address resources by APNIC, NIRs and ISPs within the Asia Pacific region.
No policy proposals were discussed at the APNIC 41 Policy SIG.
The following informational presentations were shared:
- Implementation Update & Facilitating Participation (Adam Gosling)
- Registration of detailed assignment information in whois DB or other sources (Ruri Hiromi)
- Addressing 2015 (Geoff Huston)
The following community consultations were held:
- Importance of whois data accuracy (Adli Wahid)
- Update on invalid contact report procedure (Vivek Nigam)
- APNIC whois data quality improvement (George Kuo)
- APNIC whois version upgrade (Elly Tawhai)
APNIC offers its deepest thanks to the sponsors of APNIC 41, whose invaluable contributions allowed APNIC to offer a conference program of a very high standard.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
28 September - 5 October 2016 (updated July 2016)