|Motivation for nomination
Mr. MA Yan has been teaching and doing research in the field of computer network and telecommunications in BUPT.
- He is now the director of Information Network Center of BUPT.
- He is responsible for the planning, construction and operation of computer campus network of BUPT.
- He has been participated in the construction and operation of China Education and Research Network (CERNET), linking over 2000 universities and research organizations in China.
- He has been selected as a member of Technique Board of CERNET, and technical board member of CERNET2, which is a pure IPv6 research network in China.
- Currently, he is in charge of the operation of the backbone node of CERNET in BUPT, which connecting over 50 universities in Beijing.
- He is familiar with IP address allocation, Domain Name System registration procedure, network security issues and other Internet operation related matter.
- He has been participated in several national key technology research projects, including network management technologies, distance learning systems and multimedia transmission.
- For international organization working experience, he was the ex-convenor of APEC TEL HRDSG (Human Resource Development Steering Group) during the year 2000-2001 and he is now the IPv6WG Co-Chair of APAN.
- He is familiar with APNIC business and contributed his efforts in APNIC operation, open policy development process and other APNIC activities.
- He has been elected as APNIC EC member since 2010.
- He would like to devote his knowledge, efforts and times to the successful operation of APNIC, in the best interests of APNIC members and stakeholders.
- He is qualified for APNIC EC nomination conditions.