APRICOT 2014 Fellowship
Congratulations to the APRICOT 2014 Fellows. APRICOT 2014 Fellowship is sponsored by:
|Workshop||Sashika Suren||Wijethunga Gamage||Male||LK|
|Workshop and Conference||Ankhzaya||Tseden||Male||MN|
|Workshop and Conference||Enkhtungalag||Ulziit||Female||MN|
** No show
The Fellowship program offers opportunities to qualified applicants to attend APRICOT 2014.
Fellowship applications are now closed. The successful candidates will be announced shortly.
APRICOT Fellows will receive the following assistance:
- Complimentary Workshop or Conference registration
- Hotel accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- Air travel subsidy up to the maximum amount as stated below:
Air travel subsidy (USD)
|South Asia||South East Asia||East Asia||Pacific|
|Call for applications opens||Monday, 7 October 2013 at 17:00 (UTC +7)
|Deadline for submissions||Monday, 4 November 2013 at 17:00 (UTC + 7)
|Offers sent to successful candidates||Friday, 15 November 2013 at 17:00 (UTC +7)
|Deadline to accept offer||Friday, 22 November 2013 at 17:00 (UTC +7)
Applicants should be actively involved in Internet development in any of the following capacities:
- Network engineers
- Decision makers in government, education, non-government, and private sectors
- Educators and trainers
- Residency in an Asia Pacific region Least Developed Country or Small Island Development State, as per UN definition
- Ability to share what is learned with colleagues and peers
Applicants who have been prior APNIC or APRICOT Fellowship recipients within the last four years will not ordinarily be considered.
Terms and Conditions
- Attendance: Fellows are expected to attend all sessions during the APRICOT 2014 including but not limited to Workshops, Newcomers event, Tutorials, Plenaries, Conference Sessions, Policy SIG, and all Social Events.
- Participation: Fellows are expected to be subscribed, or subscribe as part of the application process, to the APRICOT mailing lists.
- Daily briefings: Fellows are expected to attend daily briefings to get information on upcoming sessions and address any queries. A designated APRICOT staff member will facilitate these briefings, which will take place at a stipulated time to be advised.
- Air travel: Fellows must book and issue the air ticket for their own travel within two (2) weeks from selection.
- Travel insurance: Fellows are solely responsible for their respective travel insurance.
- Airport transfers: Fellows must make their own arrangements for transport to and from hotel and airport.
- Accommodation: Shared hotel accommodation will be booked by APRICOT in a reasonably priced hotel close to the Conference venue. Fellows are responsible for any incidental room charges (including telephone calls, room service, etc.) and will likely be required to provide a credit card or a deposit upon check in.
- Required travel documents and health regulations: APRICOT is not responsible for obtaining passports or visas for Fellows and is not responsible for any costs incurred by Fellows when applying for and obtaining a passport or Visa. Upon request, APRICOT will provide an invitation letter in order to facilitate any visa application requirement.
- Personal safety and health: APRICOT is not responsible for the personal health, safety, or belongings of Fellows.
- Deferment: In the event a selected Fellow cannot attend the APRICOT due to unforeseen emergency circumstances, he or she may submit a written deferment request. APRICOT will evaluate the request and may elect to resubmit the Fellowship application for consideration by the Fellowship Selection Committee for the next Conference.
- Program evaluation: Fellows are required to complete a Post-Conference Fellowship Program Evaluation. A link to the survey will be provided, and Fellows agree to respond within the stated deadline.
- Publicity: Fellows agree to have their name, affiliation, and place of origin announced on the APRICOT Conference website and mailing list announcements.
- APRICOT reserves the right to determine the appropriate course of action should any fellow fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned Terms and Conditions.