TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- Registration Fees and Early bird discount
- Hybrid conference
- Online registration and Payment Information
- Walk-in Registrants
- Cancellation of Conference
- Cancellation Policy
- Substitution of Registration
- Event Audio/Video Recording, Photography and Live Transcript
- Dietary requirements
- Governing law
- Contact Information
A. Registration Fees and Early Bird discount
7-10 September 2023
APNIC one-day Tutorials
7 – 10 September 2023
APNIC 56 Conference
12-14 September 2023
OPM & AMM only
14 September 2023
|Early bird rate* 25% discount of full rate||Member Full rate||Non-Member Full rate||Early bird rate****25% discount of full rate|
|APNIC / FIRST & APCERT Member||USD 322||USD 215||USD 430||USD 38||1 free ticket ** USD 75||FREE***|
|Standard||USD 322||N/A||USD 430||USD 50||USD 75||FREE***|
Additional Conference Welcome social event ticket and
Additional Conference closing dinner ticket
|N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||USD 50 per social event****||USD 50 per social event****|
|Online attendance for the conference only is FREE of charge. You must register to attend online.|
- * Early bird rate for the APNIC 56 workshops ends on 4 August 2023
- Workshop participation fee includes one entry to the workshop closing dinner
- ** Each APNIC/FIRST and APCERT Member Organizations are entitled to register one delegate free of charge for the Conference only. All other conference tickets will be charged at a cost of USD75.
- Conference participation fee includes one entry to the Welcome social event and one entry to the Closing social event.
- *** Open Policy meeting and AMM day ticket does not include the closing dinner. Additional charge of USD50 applies for the closing dinner.
- ****Additional social event ticket (for accompanying guest or Open Policy and AMM day ticket holders) will be charged at a cost of USD50 per social event. This will need to be purchased in advance using the APNIC 56 registration form.
- **** RPKI Deployathon on 11 September is free of charge.
- A group discount of 10% applies for registration of 10 workshop or conference tickets. Payment must be received two weeks prior to the start of the event.
- Definition: OPM: Open Policy Meeting. AMM: APNIC Members Meeting.
Table 2. Social Events Fees
|Socials||Welcome Social||Closing dinner|
|Date||12 September 2023||14 September 2023|
|Fee||Included in conference ticket||Included in conference ticket|
|Additional Ticket Fee||USD50||USD50|
For registration enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit card and wire transfers will be charged in US Dollars (USD).
Early Bird Promotion
Register by 4 August 2023 to receive the early bird discount of your workshop registration fees.
B. Hybrid Conference
The APNIC 56 conference (Conference) will be held as a virtual conference and face-to-face conference with conference sessions held in Kyoto, Japan.
By registering to attend the conference, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the APNIC Code of Conduct. These Terms and Conditions may be amended at any time by being published on the Conference website. By attending the Conference after such publication, you agree to the Terms and Conditions as amended.
You acknowledge, understand, and agree that attendance at the Conference will be subject at all times to the Code of Conduct and that should you breach the Code of Conduct, APNIC reserves the right to exclude you from the Conference, including but not limited to any chat functions or other forms ofcommunications. APNIC reserves its right to exclude any person from the Conference at its discretion. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to a refund of any registration fees or any loss or damage resulting from your exclusion from the Conference.
C. Online registration and Payment Information
All fees for in-person registration are payable by PayPal or bank transfer upon registration. Online registration for the conference is free of charge. It is highly recommended that you register online well in advance of the Conference start date.
In-person and online registrants will receive notifications on how to log in to Zoom or YouTube Live, session links and Conference e-bulletins.
Online payments for APNIC 56 will be processed through PayPal in USD or wire transfer through Westpac Bank in USD.
You can also pay by wire transfer in USD to the following bank account:
Bank Name: Westpac Banking Corporation
Bank Address: Shop14 Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Account type: USD
BSB: 034 702
Account Number: 031 405
Account name: APNIC Pty Ltd
Swift code: WPACAU2S
If paying by bank transfer, registrants must include the invoice number generated by the registration system in order for the payment to be credited properly. An email with details of the wire transfer should also be sent to email@example.com stating your payment reference number, remittance number, wire transfer amount, name, organization and contact details (postal and email address, telephone, and fax numbers).
Delegates who have difficulties in making the online registration payment should contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative payment method.
Conference clothing gifts are sourced on a best-effort basis and APNIC cannot guarantee availability or sizing. Registration to AMM and online only doesn’t include conference clothing gift.
D. Walk-in Registrants
Walk-in registrants are NOT allowed for the workshops but are allowed for the Conference. Only payments in USD are accepted and the full amount must be paid through the online registration form.
A confirmation, complete with an invoice and an invitation letter, will be sent to you by email after completing the online registration form. Please keep it for your reference. The invitation letter will be essential, should you require a visa to visit Japan.
F. Cancellation of Conference
APNIC may cancel the Conference due to unforeseen reasons beyond the control of APNIC. If, for any reason the Conference is cancelled, the APNIC 56 Conference Secretariat will refund in full all registration fees received.
G. Cancellation Policy
If you have registered but are unable to attend the workshop and/or Conference (other than where the Conference is cancelled by APNIC), and wish to cancel your registration, the following cancellation fees apply:
|Cancellation Date||Cancellation Fees|
|Before 7 July 2023||0%|
|8 July – 14 August 2023||50% of paid amount*|
|15 August 2023 onwards||100% of paid amount*|
* For refunds via wire transfer or credit card, a USD50 fee will be levied to cover bank administrative charges. The refund process may take up to 3 months to complete.
H. Substitution of registration
If you are unable to attend the workshop and/or Conference, you may substitute another person. Simply inform us at email@example.com and provide your order number and the new contact details of the substitute registration. We will liaise with the new registrant directly.
Subject to Section F, if you are unable to attend the Conference for any reason, or if the Conference is cancelled or converted from a hybrid event to an exclusively virtual event, APNIC and other entities including but not limited to, local organizers, the host, and supporting organizations of the event, will not be liable for any resulting losses or damages, financial or otherwise, suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits, or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
To the extent permitted by law, APNIC has no liability whatsoever for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, expense, claim or proceeding in respect of:
- Damage to, loss, destruction or loss of use of any real or personal property;
- Any injury to, disease or death of, persons; or
- Pure economic loss suffered by third parties, in respect of any act or omission, negligent, wilful or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the Conference.
Conference presenters who are not APNIC employees are solely responsible for the content of their presentations and agree to indemnify APNIC against any claims of third parties regarding such content, including but not limited to infringement of intellectual property rights.
The registrant indemnifies APNIC against:
- Any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced against APNIC; and
- Any direct or indirect cost, liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage or expense (including legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by or awarded against APNIC from a claim or proceeding commenced by the registrant, the registrant's estate or a third party on behalf of the registrant,
K. Event audio/video recording, photography and live transcript
During the workshops, Conference and meetings, photographs may be taken by the host/organizer for use in their publications or other promotional material. In addition, online sessions are subject to video and audio recording for webcasting and archival purposes. Screenshot photographs may be taken by the host/organizers for use in their publications or other promotional material.
By attending the sessions, you agree to allow APNIC and other entities including but not limited to, local organizers, hosts, co-hosts and supporting organizations, the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations, chat transcripts, your name, and pictures of you or those in which you may be included. You acknowledge that this information may constitute personal information and that you consent to its collection and use by APNIC in accordance with APNIC’s Privacy Statement and these terms and conditions.
Automatic live transcript services will be provided in most sessions. Due to the inherent difficulties in capturing a live speaker’s words, it is possible that transcripts may contain errors and mistranslations. APNIC accepts no liability for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts.
L. Dietary requirements
While APNIC works hard to cater to all dietary requirements and tastes, in some locations and venues it is not possible to meet all requests.
M. Governing law
These Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. The courts of Queensland, Australia shall have exclusive jurisdiction with regard to disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions.
N. Contact Information
APNIC Pty Ltd (Secretariat for APNIC 56)