Special Interest Group (SIG) Elections 2023 - NOMINATIONS
Routing Security SIG
Nominations open for SIG positions
Nominations for the following SIGs will be open for elections at APNIC 56.
- Policy SIG Chair (one position) and Co-Chair (one position)
- NIR SIG Chair (one position)
- Cooperation SIG Chair (one position)
- Routing Security SIG Chair (one position) and Co-Chair (one position)
Who can make a nomination?
Anybody may nominate any person as a candidate.
- Nominations will open five (5) weeks before the APNIC conference and close four (4) weeks after the initial call.
Who can be nominated?
Any individual residing within the Asia Pacific region may be nominated, with the exception of staff members of any Regional Internet Registry (RIR).
Individuals cannot hold more than one elected position (EC, SIG, or NRO NC). Those who are elected to a new position must resign from any other currently held EC, SIG or NRO NC position as soon as practicable but no later than 30 days following the election.
Nominees will be invited to provide a recorded video “candidate statement” to be published on the conference website.
Self nominations are permitted.
The nominee must meet the following two eligibility criteria:
Registered and attending the current conference in person. The attendee must be checked-in at the registration desk at any time from the start of the conference until 10.00am (conference local time) on the final day of the conference.
Deadline is 10:00 (UTC +9), Thursday, 14 September 2023.
- Registered and attended at least one of the past eight APRICOT or APNIC standalone conferences (not including the
- APNIC 55 with APRICOT 2023 in Manila, Philippines
- APNIC 54 in Singapore
- APNIC 53 Online
- APNIC 52 Online
- APNIC 51 Online
- APNIC 50 Online
- APNIC 49 with APRICOT 2020 in Melbourne, Australia
- APNIC 48 in Chiang Mai, Thailand
The successful nominee will be elected to serve as a SIG Chair or Co-Chair for 2 years from the end of the conference (APNIC 56) in 2023 to end of the conference (APNIC 60) in 2025.