Health and Safety
APNIC will follow the protocols issued by the Singapore Ministry of Health (MoH) in relation to COVID-19. The MOH has recently relaxed the mask mandate, but APNIC highly recommends wearing masks for the duration of the event for everyone’s health and safety.
Please note that the MoH rules may change at short notice. The MoH website contains the latest information and updates on Singapore’s COVID-19 situation.
The conference venue and hotels are all certified ‘SG Clean’ as directed by the MoH.
The conference will be limited to 500 attendees per day to manage on-site attendance and align with venue capacity limits. If the conference reaches the 500 attendee-limit, we will ask those attempting to enter to come back later. Delegates will be admitted on first-in, first-served basis.
Please note that all attendees must be fully vaccinated to be served food and beverages at the conference. Attendees must be ready and able to provide evidence of vaccination on request. Please refer to the updated Terms for more information.
When you collect your registration badge at the registration desk, you will be given a delegate bag that contains a COVID-19 kit with the following:
- Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) x2
- N95 mask x2
- Hand sanitiser x1
- Disposable thermometer x1
- Antibacterial wipes
- Safety card with important COVID-19 related information and telephone numbers:
- MoH COVID-19 General Enquiries Hotline: 1800 333 9999
- Singapore Police: 999
- SCDF and Ambulance: 995
If you are unwell
Please DO NOT enter the venue if you are unwell with flu-like symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you are feeling unwell at APNIC 54, please do the following:
- Leave the session and return to your hotel room
- Test to see if you have COVID-19 using a supplied RAT
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- The MoH requires you to remain quarantined in your room until you are fully recovered and test negative with a RAT or PCR test. Please phone 1800 333 9999 for more information.
- We would appreciate it if you could advise APNIC on firstname.lastname@example.org that you have tested positive so we can advise delegates that a case has been reported.
- If you have had to quarantine in your hotel room, please note that upon checkout, a fee for deep cleaning and disinfection of the room may be charged. Please check with your hotel.
If you test negative to COVID-19:
- Please rest and do not return to the conference while you continue to feel unwell.
- We recommend testing again using a supplied RAT on the following day.
- If you continue to feel unwell, please seek medical assistance.
Health and Safety desk
A Health and Safety desk will be located at APNIC 54 on Level 3 of the Grand Hyatt. Extra RATs, masks, hand sanitizer, wipes, thermometers, and face shields will be available.
Hospitals near the venue
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital, 3 Mount Elizabeth Singapore 228510 (about 8-9 mins walk from hotel)
- Gleneagles Hospital Pte Ltd, 6A Napier Rd Singapore 258500 (about 10 mins journey by taxi)
- Raffles Hospital Pte Ltd/RMg, 585 North Bridge Rd Singapore 188770 (about 20 mins journey by taxi)
Delegates will be able to select a purple and white or red lanyard for the event:
- Purple and white lanyard: I’m happy to meet with you with an elbow greeting.
- Red lanyard: I want to socially distance please.
We want APNIC 54 to be an inclusive, safe, and welcoming space for all attendees. If you experience or witness any inappropriate behaviour, including bullying, harassment, or discrimination, please report it to one of the Trusted Contacts wearing a white vest. If you cannot find a Trusted Contact, please speak an APNIC staff member who can assist.
All discussions with Trusted Contacts are confidential.
Please note that all participants are subject to the Code of Conduct.
More information is available on the Trusted Contacts page.