CODE OF CONDUCT
It is expected that participants behave properly and positively at all times, showing respect and courtesy to others wherever possible, and ensuring a safe and inclusive environment.
The organizers would like all participants feel welcome and comfortable to participate fully, therefore are committed to providing an environment free of the following unacceptable behaviours:
- Discrimination, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
- Harassment, including offensive speech, threats or demands, sharing of sexualized media, stalking, photography or recording without consent, or unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention.
- Misbehaviour including disturbance to others or to event proceedings, misuse of property, trespass, theft, or other antisocial acts.
If you wish to report a breach of the code of conduct at APNIC 54 please follow the reporting guidelines.
Unacceptable behaviour by any community member, including those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behaviour, we may take any action deemed appropriate, including temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the event without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by contacting one of APNIC’s Trusted Contacts or emailing conduct [at] apnic.net. Please read the Reporting Guidelines for more information.
Additionally, Secretariat event staff are available to help community members experiencing unacceptable behaviour. In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts if needed by anyone experiencing distress.
Consequences for virtual attendees:
If a person fails to follow the code of conduct while attending virtually, APNIC will endeavour to do the following:
- Give ONE warning to the participant and request the participant refrain from that behaviour.
- If the behaviour continues, APNIC will remove the participant from the session.
- If the participant continues the behaviour at any other time, the participant will not be permitted to attend any other sessions at the conference.