TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- General terms
- Registration fees and early bird discount
- Registration and payment Information
- Substitution of registration
- COVID-19 and Liability
- Event audio/video recording, photography and live transcription
- Conference text chat service
- Dietary requirements
- Governing law
- Contact Information
These terms and conditions were updated on 29 August 2022 to include a new clause 7.2 regarding COVID-19.
1. General terms
The APNIC 54, APrIGF 2022, and APSIG 2022 Conference will be held as a virtual conference and face-to-face conference with conference sessions held in Singapore.
By registering to attend the Conference, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, the APNIC Code of Conduct, the APrIGF Code of Conduct, and the APSIG Code of Conduct. These Terms and Conditions may be amended at any time by being published on the Conference website. By attending the Conference after such publication, you agree to the Terms and Conditions as amended.
You acknowledge, understand, and agree that attendance at the Conference will be subject at all times to the Codes of Conduct and that should you breach a Code of Conduct, APNIC, APrIGF and APSIG reserve the right to exclude you from the Conference, including but not limited to any chat functions or other forms of communications. APNIC reserves its right to exclude any person from the Conference at its discretion. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to a refund of any registration fees or any loss or damage resulting from your exclusion from the Conference.
2. Registration fees and early bird discount
Registration is essential for participation in the Conference and may incur a registration fee. Information on what fees may apply (if any) is set out in Tables 1 and 2 below, as is the deadline for the early bird promotion.
2.1. Registration Fees
Table 2.1.1. Conference Registration Fees
|Category||APNIC Workshops* 8-11 September||APSIG 2022 9-11 September||APNIC 54, APrIGF 2022 Conference12-15 September|
APNIC Members – Four (4) free tickets
APrIGF 2022, APSIG 2022, and Asia Connect participant – FREE
|Additional social event ticket (Conference only)****||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Online payment – AUD 70 / SGD 68
In-person payment – SGD 68 / USD 49
1 AUD = 0.966772 SGD as at 10 May 2022 | 1 AUD = 0.693483 USD as at 10 May 2022
* Workshop participation fee includes one entry to the workshop closing dinner
** Early bird date for the APNIC 54 workshops ends on 5 August 2022
*** Each APNIC Member and non-Member organizations are entitled to register up to four (4) delegates free of charge for the Conference only. APrIGF 2022, APSIG 2022, ASIA Connect, FIRST and APCERT participants may also attend the APNIC 54 conference at no extra cost. Additional conference tickets will be charged at a cost of AUD 130 / SGD 126 if paying online or SGD 126 / USD 91 if paying in-person.
**** Additional ticket is for accompanying member of the conference participant. Conference participation fee includes one entry to the Welcome social event and one entry to the Closing social event.
A group discount of 10% applies for registration of 10 workshop or conference tickets. Payment must be received two weeks before the start of the event.
Table 2.1.2. Social Events Registration Fees
|Socials||Welcome Social||Closing Social|
|Date||13 September 2022||15 September 2022|
|Additional Ticket Fee||AUD 70||AUD 70|
For registration enquiries, please contact email@example.com. Credit card and wire transfers will be charged in Australian Dollars (AUD).
2.2. Early bird promotion
Register by 5 August 2022 to receive the early bird discount of your workshop registration fees.
3. Registration and payment information
Registration for the virtual Conference is free of charge. Registrations may be made both online and on a walk-in basis subject to subsections 3.1 and 3.2. It is highly recommended that you register online well in advance of the Conference start date as registrants for both in-person and virtual attendance will receive regular notifications on how to log in to Zoom or YouTube Live, session links and Conference e-bulletins.
3.1. Online registration
It is highly recommended that you register online to secure your attendance well in advance of the Conference start date. Early registration will facilitate the planning of the Conference.
3.2. Walk-in registration
Walk-in registrants are NOT allowed for the workshops but are allowed for the Conference. Only cash payments in SGD or USD are accepted and the full amount must be paid at the registration counter (see subsection 3.3).
3.3. Online payment
For registrants attending in-person, online payments for APNIC 54 will be processed through the Westpac Bank in AUD. You can also pay by wire transfer in AUD to the following bank account:
Bank Name: Westpac Banking Corporation
Bank Address: 89-91 Boundary Street, West End Qld 4101, AUSTRALIA
Account type: AUD
BSB/Account number: 034 013 / 366277
Account name: APNIC Pty Ltd
Swift code: WPACAU2S
Registrants must include the invoice number generated by the registration system when sending the wire transfer for the payment to be credited properly. An email with details of the wire transfer should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your payment reference number, remittance number, wire transfer amount, name, organization and contact details (postal and email address, telephone, and fax numbers).
Delegates who have difficulties in making the online registration payment should contact the events team at email@example.com to arrange an alternative payment method.
3.4. On-site Payment
Payments can be made on-site at the registration counter when you arrive at the Conference. Payments are accepted in cash in SGD or USD only, as outlined under section 2. On-site Conference payment can be made from 11 September 2022. It is recommended that you prepare the exact amount for payment.
A confirmation letter will be sent to you by email after completing the online registration form. Please keep it for your reference.
5.1. Cancellation by APNIC
APNIC may cancel the Conference due to unforeseen reasons beyond the control of APNIC. If, for any reason the Conference is cancelled, the APNIC 54 Conference Secretariat will refund in full all registration fees received.
5.2. Cancellation by registered participant
If you have registered but are unable to attend the workshop and/or Conference (other than where the Conference is cancelled by APNIC) and wish to cancel your registration, refunds will only be granted where a written cancellation notice has been provided to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13 August 2022 and may incur cancellation fees as set out below. Cancellations received past this date will not be eligible for the refund of any registration fees paid.
Table 5.2.1. Cancellation Fees
|Cancellation Date||Cancellation Fees|
|Before 2 July 2022||0%|
|3 July – 13 August 2022||50% of paid amount*|
|14 August 2022 onwards||100% of paid amount*|
* For refunds via wire transfer or credit card, an AUD 50 fee will be levied to cover bank administrative charges. The refund process may take up to three (3) months to complete.
6. Substitution of registration
If you are unable to attend the workshop and/or Conference, you may substitute another person. Simply inform us at email@example.com and provide your order number and the new contact details of the substitute registration. We will liaise with the new registrant directly.
7. COVID-19 and Liability
7.1 Limitation of liability
Subject to Section 5.1, if you are unable to attend the Conference for any reason, or if the Conference is cancelled or converted from a hybrid event to an exclusively virtual event, APNIC, APrIGF, APSIG and other entities including but not limited to, local organizers, the host, and supporting organizations of the event, will not be liable for any resulting losses or damages, financial or otherwise, suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits, or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
To the extent permitted by law, APNIC, APrIGF and APSIG have no liability whatsoever for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, expense, claim or proceeding in respect of:
- Damage to, loss, destruction or loss of use of any real or personal property;
- Any injury to, disease or death of, persons; or
- Pure economic loss suffered by third parties, in respect of any act or omission, negligent, wilful or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the Conference.
Conference presenters who are not APNIC employees are solely responsible for the content of their presentations and agree to indemnify APNIC against any claims of third parties regarding such content, including but not limited to infringement of intellectual property rights.
The Conference will be conducted in accordance with the safety measures required by authorities in Singapore in order to reduce the risk to Conference attendees of illness from infectious diseases such as COVID-19. It is important to note that the risk of infection and illness will remain for those attending in-person. By attending the Conference in-person, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you may be exposed to infectious diseases (such as COVID-19);
- you assume all risks related to such illness or infection and will not hold APNIC, APrIGF, or APSIG liable for such illness or infection;
- you will be responsible for all costs incurred as a result of infection or illness, including any medical treatment, accommodation costs, or alternative travel arrangements;
- APNIC may impose additional safety measures at the Conference, either as a result of the requirements of authorities in Singapore or in accordance with APNIC’s own risk assessment and policies. You will be notified of any additional safety measures (either via email or by notice on the Conference website or at the Conference venues) and your continued entry to the Conference will be deemed acceptance of these safety measures.
The registrant indemnifies APNIC against:
- Any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced against APNIC, APrIGF, APSIG; and
- Any direct or indirect cost, liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage or expense (including legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by or awarded against APNIC from a claim or proceeding commenced by the registrant, the registrant's estate or a third party on behalf of the registrant,
9. Event audio/video recording, photography and live transcript
During the workshops, Conference and meetings, photographs may be taken by the host/organizer for use in their publications or other promotional material. In addition, virtual sessions are subject to video and audio recording for webcasting and archival purposes. Screenshot photographs may be taken by the host/organizers for use in their publications or other promotional material.
By attending the sessions, you agree to allow APNIC, APrIGF and APSIG and other entities including but not limited to, local organizers, hosts, co-hosts and supporting organizations, the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations, chat transcripts, your name, and pictures of you or those in which you may be included. You acknowledge that this information may constitute personal information and that you consent to its collection and use by APNIC, APrIGF and APSIG in accordance with APNIC’s Privacy Statement and these terms and conditions.
Automatic live transcript services will be provided in most sessions. Due to the inherent difficulties in capturing a live speaker’s words, it is possible that transcripts may contain errors and mistranslations. APNIC accepts no liability for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts.
10. Conference text chat service
During the event, Conference attendees will have access to the CometChat service, which can be used to communicate with other Conference attendees.
Use of the CometChat service is entirely voluntary and you are under no requirement to sign up for or utilize CometChat.
If you choose to use the Cometchat service;
- APNIC will provide CometChat with your name and a separate unique hashed identifier in order to enable access to CometChat;
- The information provided by APNIC to CometChat and all information entered into the CometChat feature will be transmitted overseas in order for CometChat to provide the service;
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- APNIC will have access to all information entered into CometChat which will be dealt with in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and APNIC’s Privacy Statement;
- APNIC staff will endeavour to moderate during the hours of the Conference the content in public chats and that you will not hold APNIC liable or responsible for any content posted to the CometChat service;
- APNIC staff will have access to transcripts or private chats conducted directly between Conference attendees, however APNIC staff will only access and review such transcripts (and you consent to such access and review) if APNIC receives a complaint that the content of such transcript breaches a Code of Conduct; and
- If you breach a Code of Conduct in your use of the CometChat service, APNIC may elect in its absolute discretion to remove your access to CometChat or your access to the Conference.
APNIC accepts no liability for any event or action resulting from content entered into and published under the CometChat service.
11. Dietary requirements
While APNIC works hard to cater to all dietary requirements and tastes, in some locations and venues it is not possible to meet all requests.
12. Governing law
These Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. The courts of Queensland, Australia shall have exclusive jurisdiction with regard to disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions.
13. Contact Information
APNIC Pty Ltd (Secretariat for APNIC 54)