Thank you to the attendees, sponsors, and everyone else who contributed to APRICOT 2017. The preliminary event participation statistics are:
|Total number of on-site delegates:||654*|
|APNIC Member organizations represented:||178|
|YouTube:||1,537 views; 18,271 minutes views|
Total people reached:
|1,220 (Twitter) by 407 unique users|
* Excludes APNIC staff.
** Web-based online participation options included a choice of video, audio, and text chat. These figures are based on unique IP addresses and exclude APNIC staff and on-site participants, as reported by Adobe Connect statistics.
APNIC EC Election
Four positions on the APNIC EC were up for election. The nominations (in the order they were received) were:
- Ananteshwar Kumar Mehta
- Haseeb Istiaqur Rahman
- Jonathan Brewer
- Laurie Patton
- Henri Kasyfi Soemartono
- Md Ehsanul Haque
- Saurabh Sareen
- Brijesh Balakrishnan
- Greg Fonti
- Kenny Huang
- Izumi Okutani
- Jessica Shen
- Gaurab Raj Upadhaya
- Maureen Hilyard
- Md Sabbir Ahamed
- Mohammed Shabuddin
Congratulations to Gaurab Raj Upadhaya, Izumi Okutani, Jessica Shen, and Kenny Huang on their election to the EC. They will each serve a two-year term of office.
Thanks goes to outgoing EC Member James Spenceley for his service and dedication to the APNIC community.
The Cooperation SIG is a forum for discussion about broader Internet issues such as public policy and Internet governance with a focus on information sharing, outreach, capacity building, and other activities that will advance APNIC’s vision for a global, open, stable, and secure Internet.
Presentations at the SIG included:
- Ali AlMeshal discussed the APRALO’s (Asian, Australasian and Pacific Islands Regional At-Large Organization) efforts in Reaching out to the next billion.
- Satish Babu discussed the Challenges in the Digital Inclusion in the Asia Pacific and the next billion.
- Brajesh Jain discussed the Challenges of growing Internet connectivity in India.
- Raul Echeberria discussed Connecting the next billion, the SDGs and the Innovation Society.
- Dr Kan Kaili discussed the Role of Internet Society of China (ISC) in China's Internet Development.
- Nurani Nimpuno discussed the Accountability work in the RIPE community.
- Filiz Yilmaz also discussed the Accountability work in the RIPE community.
There was also an election for the Cooperation SIG Chair and Co-Chair.
- Dr Govind was elected as the SIG Chair
- Billy Cheon was elected as the SIG Co-Chair
The NIR SIG shares information relating to the operations, policies, and procedures of National Internet Registries (NIRs) with the aim of promoting close cooperation among the NIRs and with the APNIC Secretariat.
The NIR SIG had presentations from the following NIRs:
- CNNIC Update (Zhen Yu)
- JPNIC Update (Hiroki Kawabata)
- TWNIC Update (Geng-Da Tsai)
- KRNIC Update (Choi Young)
- KRNIC - Internet Resource Management Status (Billy Cheon)
- APJII-IDNIC Update (Benyamin Naibaho)
- IRINN Update (Shubham Saran)
- VNNIC Update (Nguyen Vinh Hoang)
The APNIC Policy SIG is an open forum to develop policies and procedures that relate to the management and use of Internet address resources by APNIC, NIRs and ISPs within the Asia Pacific region.
The following policy proposals were discussed at the APNIC 43 Policy SIG.
Did not reach consensus and returned to the mailing list for further discussion:
- prop-116 - Prohibit to transfer IPv4 addresses in the final /8 block
- prop-118 - No need policy in APNIC region
Reached partial consensus:
- prop-117 - Returned IPv4 address management and Final /8 exhaustion
The part of the proposal on handling returned addresses reached consensus:
- Recovered 103/8 space will be placed in the 103/8 (Final /8) pool
- Recovered non-103/8 space will be placed in the IPv4 Recovered pool
In addition to the proposals, there were four informational presentations discussed:
- Internet Number Resource Status Report - Guangliang Pan
- ASO AC report - Filiz Yilmaz
- Addressing Review 2016 - Geoff Huston
- IANA Numbering Services Review Committee Report - Craig Ng and Brajesh Jain
There was also a Chair election with the following results:
- Chair - Sumon Ahmed Sabir
- Co-Chairs - Ching-Heng Ku and Bertrand Cherrier
The community thanks outgoing Policy SIG Chair, Masato Yamanishi, for his many years of service.
Translated summaries of the policy proposals
As part of the 2014 APNIC Survey initiatives, the policy proposals discussed at the APNIC 43 Policy SIG have been translated into the following languages.
|Proposals discussed||Proposal outcomes|
|Bahasa Indonesian||Bahasa Indonesian|
|Chinese (Simplified)||Chinese (Simplified)|
|Chinese (Traditional)||Chinese (Traditional)|
|Viet Namese||Viet Namese|
7 to 14 September 2017
APRICOT 2018/APNIC 45
19 February to 1 March 2018