Policy SIG Meeting Report
During the Open Policy Meeting at APNIC 39, Masato Yamanishi was elected as Chair of the APNIC Policy SIG. As there was no candidate for the position of Co-Chair, the community agreed to hold another election at APNIC 40. If an acting Chair is required before a new Co-Chair is elected, the Secretariat will be asked to recruit an Acting Chair from the APNIC representatives to the NRO Number Council.
The APNIC 39 Policy SIG meeting had the following outcomes. The full agenda, including transcripts and video archive is available below.
One proposal did not reach consensus and was abandoned.
- prop-112: On demand expansion of IPv6 address allocation size in legacy IPv6 space
The following proposals did not reach consensus and were returned to the author and the mailing list for further consideration.
- prop-113: Modification in the IPv4 eligibility criteria
- prop-114: Modification in the ASN eligibility criteria
- prop-115: Registration of detailed assignment information in whois DB
- Reporting Network Abuse and APNIC Whois Database Accuracy (PDF File, 87.6 KB)
- From Policy to Practice: Addressing and Routing in 2014 (PDF File, 6.9 MB)
- APNIC IPv6 pools and delegation practice (MS PPT Doc, 350.1 KB)
- Update on RIPE NCC Inter-RIR Transfers Proposal (PDF File, 352.9 KB)
Consensus Policy Development
Internet number resources are shared public resources, available for use by anyone who can demonstrate the need for them. Delegation and management policies are decided by the community in a consensus decision-making process run by the Policy SIG.