APNIC FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
APNIC offers a limited number of Fellowships in three categories - professional, youth and returning - to community members in the region's Developing, Least Developed Country (LDC) or Small Island Development State (SIDS) economies to attend and participate in APNIC meetings. The Fellowship program places special emphasis on gender and geographical diversity.
|Tuesday, 07 May 2019||Applications open|
|Sunday, 09 June 2019||Applications close at 23:59 (UTC +10)|
|Monday, 10 June 2019||Committee Appraisal
|Friday, 28 June 2019||First round offer letters sent|
|Sunday, 07 July 2019||Confirmation of first round offers close at 23:59 (UTC +10)|
|Monday, 08 July 2019||Second round offer letters sent
|Sunday, 14 July 2019||Confirmation of second round offers close at 23:59 (UTC +10)|
* Second round offers are only made if the first round offers are declined or not confirmed by the deadline.
Successful applicants will receive the following support:
- An economy class return air ticket to the conference and/or workshop week
- Twin shared hotel accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the conference and/or workshop week
- A fixed cash allowance of AUD 150 (or equivalent in USD) for any incidentals
- Complimentary registration to the conference and/or workshop week
- Complimentary attendance to all the conference and/or workshop social events
A selection committee carefully evaluates all the applications. The committee then selects the applicants that it believes are best suited for the fellowship, taking into consideration a desire to provide opportunities to individuals from a diverse range of organizations and geographical locations within the APNIC service region.
The decisions of the selection committee are final and the selected applicants are informed individually. A list of selected Fellows is then announced on the APNIC conference website.
(Applicants who are not selected to receive a Fellowship award for the current APNIC conference are eligible and encouraged to apply for future APNIC conferences.)