APNIC Youth Fellowships
APNIC introduced the Youth Fellowship initiative at the APNIC conference to encourage and foster the confidence, passion, and commitment of the next generation of the Asia Pacific Internet community’s technical leaders. It offers young people an opportunity to meet and share ideas with the APNIC community and technical experts from around the world.
Through this initiative, young people from the Asia Pacific region can gain important skills and make connections to accelerate their own career goals and contribute more robustly to the bottom-up PDP and Internet governance issues.
The Youth fellows will gain valuable insights and experience through their exposure to a range of diverse stakeholders from various disciplines across the Internet ecosystem. The objectives of such engagement include:
- Reinforcement of the importance of young people in fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet in the Asia Pacific
- Promotion of youth as a key aspect of the next generation of leadership
- Empowerment of young Internet leaders by broadening their experience and enabling their participation in bottom-up discussions of policy and Internet governance issues
- Providing opportunities to participate in the regional Internet ecosystem and to interact and engage with Internet experts
- Preparing young people to actively engage with national and regional Internet development activities
APNIC Youth Fellowships are for young nationals of the Asia Pacific region who have a strong interest in APNIC’s activities. Selections are made via an application process based on the following criteria:
- Aged between 20 and 30 years
- Currently pursuing studies in ICT course at a recognized educational institution
- Provides clear evidence of strong motivation for attending the APNIC Conference
- Demonstrates interest and knowledge in APNIC activities
- Demonstrates experience in participating in discussions at national and regional levels and in multicultural environments
- A willingness to continue collaboration with APNIC at training and/or NOG events after the Conference