TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
These terms and conditions of registration were updated on 26 August 2021. By continuing to attend APNIC 52 you will be deemed to have consented to these updated terms and conditions.
- Virtual conference during COVID-19 pandemic
- Online registration
- Cancellation of conference
- Event audio/video recording, photography
- Conference text chat service
- Contact Information
These terms and conditions of registration also contain important privacy information which should be read in conjunction with APNIC’s Privacy Statement.
A. Virtual conference during COVID-19 pandemic
Due to health reasons and travel restrictions resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic, APNIC 52 will be held as an online-only “virtual conference” with conference sessions held online.
APNIC and other entities, including but not limited to local organizers and supporting organizations of the event, will NOT be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party arising out of, or in any way connected with, the conversion of the conference into a virtual event. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
B. Online registration
Registration for the virtual conference is free of charge. It is highly recommended that you register online well in advance of the conference start date. Online registrants will receive regular notifications on how to log in to Zoom or YouTube Live, session links and conference e-bulletins.
Delegates who have difficulties with the online registration should contact the events team at email@example.com for further assistance.
Registration will remain open until the 16 September 2021 and you will be able to register up until the last day of the conference.
A confirmation email will be sent to you after completing the online registration form. Please keep it for your reference.
D. Cancellation of conference
If for any reason the APNIC 52 conference is cancelled, APNIC and other entities, including but not limited to local organizers and supporting organizations of the event, will NOT be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party arising out of, or in any way connected with, the cancellation of the conference. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
If you are unable to attend or access the conference for any reason, APNIC and other entities including but not limited to, local organizers, the host and supporting organizations of the event, will not be liable for any resulting losses, financial or otherwise. To the extent permitted by law, APNIC will have no liability whatsoever for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, expense, claim or proceeding in respect of:
- Damage to, loss, destruction or loss of use of any real or personal property;
- Any injury to, disease or death of, persons; or
- Pure economic loss suffered by third parties, in respect of any act or omission, negligent, wilful or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the conference.
The registrant indemnifies APNIC against:
- Any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced against APNIC; and
- b. Any direct or indirect cost, liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage or expense (including legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by or awarded against APNIC from a claim or proceeding commenced by the registrant, the registrant's estate or a third party on behalf of the registrant arising in any way or in connection with the conference.
G. Event Audio/Video Recording and Photography
During APNIC 52, all sessions (apart from socials) are subject to video, audio and chat recording for webcasting and archival purposes. Screenshot photographs may be taken by the host/organizer for use in their publications or other promotional material. By attending the sessions remotely, you agree to allow APNIC the unrestricted right and permission to collect, copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations, chat transcripts, your name, and pictures of you and those in which you may be included. You acknowledge that this information may constitute personal information and that you consent to its collection and use by APNIC in accordance with APNIC’s Privacy Statement and these terms and conditions.
Automatic live transcript services will be provided in most sessions. Due to the inherent difficulties in capturing a live speaker's words, it is possible transcripts may contain errors and mistranslations. APNIC accepts no liability for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts.
H. Conference text chat service
During APNIC 52, conference attendees will be able to communicate with other conference attendees using a text chat service on the APNIC 52 website. This chat service is provided by CometChat.
Use of the chat service is entirely voluntary and you are under no requirement to sign up for or use the chat.
If you choose to use the chat service:
- APNIC will provide CometChat with your name and a separate unique hashed identifier to enable access to the chat service
- the information provided by APNIC to CometChat and all information entered into the chat service will be transmitted overseas in order for CometChat to provide the service;
- you acknowledge and agree that:
- APNIC will have access to all information entered into the chat service which will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions and APNIC’s Privacy Statement;
- APNIC staff will endeavour to moderate the content in public chats during the hours of the conference and that you will not hold APNIC liable or responsible for any content posted to the chat service;
- If APNIC receives a complaint that chat content breaches the Code of Conduct, APNIC staff have the ability to access and review transcripts of chats conducted directly between conference attendees (and you consent to such access and review) to determine if a breach has occurred; and
- if you breach the Code of Conduct in your use of the chat service, APNIC may elect in its absolute discretion to remove your access to the chat or your access to the conference.
I. Contact Information
APNIC Pty Ltd (Secretariat for APNIC 52)