TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- Virtual conference during COVID-19 pandemic
- Online registration
- Cancellation of conference
- Event audio/video recording, photography
- Contact Information
A. Virtual conference during COVID-19 pandemic
Due to health reasons and travel restrictions resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic, APNIC 52 will be held as an online-only “virtual conference” with conference sessions held online.
APNIC and other entities, including but not limited to local organizers and supporting organizations of the event, will NOT be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party arising out of, or in any way connected with, the conversion of the conference into a virtual event. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
B. Online registration
Registration for the virtual conference is free of charge. It is highly recommended that you register online well in advance of the conference start date. Online registrants will receive regular notifications on how to log in to Zoom or YouTube Live, session links and conference e-bulletins.
Delegates who have difficulties with the online registration should contact the events team at email@example.com for further assistance.
Registration will remain open until the 16 September 2021 and you will be able to register up until the last day of the conference.
A confirmation email will be sent to you after completing the online registration form. Please keep it for your reference.
D. Cancellation of conference
If for any reason the APNIC 50 conference is cancelled, APNIC and other entities, including but not limited to local organizers and supporting organizations of the event, will NOT be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party arising out of, or in any way connected with, the cancellation of the conference. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
If you are unable to attend or access the conference for any reason, APNIC and other entities including but not limited to, local organizers, the host and supporting organizations of the event, will not be liable for any resulting losses, financial or otherwise. To the extent permitted by law, APNIC will have no liability whatsoever for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, expense, claim or proceeding in respect of:
- Damage to, loss, destruction or loss of use of any real or personal property;
- Any injury to, disease or death of, persons; or
- Pure economic loss suffered by third parties, in respect of any act or omission, negligent, wilful or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the conference.
The registrant indemnifies APNIC against:
- Any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced against APNIC; and
- Any direct or indirect cost, liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage or expense (including legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by or awarded against APNIC from a claim or proceeding commenced by the registrant, the registrant's estate or a third party on behalf of the registrant arising in any way or in connection with the conference..
G. Event Audio/Video Recording and Photography
During APNIC 52, all sessions (apart from socials) are subject to video, audio and chat recording for webcasting and archival purposes. Screenshot photographs may be taken by the host/organizer for use in their publications or other promotional material. By attending the sessions remotely, you agree to allow APNIC the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations or pictures of you or those in which you may be included.
Also, automatic live transcript services will be provided in most sessions. Due to the inherent difficulties in capturing a live speaker's words, it is possible transcripts may contain errors and mistranslations. APNIC accepts no liability for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts.
H. Contact Information
APNIC Pty Ltd (Secretariat for APNIC 52)