APNIC ONLINE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
APNIC is offering a limited number of Online Fellowships to professionals and youth in the APNIC service region’s Developing, Least Developed Country (LDC) or Small Island Development State (SIDS) economies to attend and participate in an online, structured fellowship program, and to participate in APNIC 52 conference.
The Fellowship program places special emphasis on gender and geographical diversity.
Areas of Interest
Successful fellows will select a specific area of interest to focus their online fellowship program, as well as getting a holistic overview of APNIC and Internet Governance prior to participating in the APNIC 52 conference.
- IPv6 Deployment
- Internet Routing/RPKI
- Information/Network Security
The level of experience in the chosen area of interest can be from the beginner to Advanced.
- Continue to build capacity and encourage community networking through online fellowships in lieu of a face to face conference experience.
- Encourage deeper understanding of APNIC and relevant core concepts.
- Create valuable human networks between fellows and with key community members, including APNIC staff.
- Showcase ways the community can participate in APNIC and community activities.
Between April and August 2021 approximately 8-12 contact hours is required and completion of selected APNIC Academy courses and participation at APNIC 52 conference.
|Thursday, 4 March 2021
|Friday, 26 March 2021 at 11:45 (UTC +10)
|Monday, 29 March to Friday, 2 April 2021
|Confirmation of shortlisted applications
|Friday, 9 April 2021
|Successful fellows announced
|Monday, 12 April 2021
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- A customised program of Fellows-only presentations from key experts with opportunity for Q&A
- Introduction to a community mentor in their area of interest
- Support to complete a number of APNIC Academy courses
- Daily briefings before APNIC 52
- Certification of achievement (upon successful completion of fellowship)
- Expenses scholarship of US $150
A selection committee carefully evaluates all the applications. The committee then selects the applicants that it believes are best suited for the online fellowship, taking into consideration a desire to provide opportunities to individuals from a diverse range of organizations and geographical locations within the APNIC service region.
The decisions of the selection committee are final, and the selected applicants are informed individually. A list of selected Fellows is then announced on the APNIC conference website.
(Applicants who are not selected to receive a Fellowship award for the current APNIC conference are eligible and encouraged to apply for future APNIC conferences.)
The application period is closed at this time.