APNIC FELLOWSHIP CATEGORIES
APNIC Online Fellowships are available for professionals and youth. Applicants must be citizens of, and residing in, either Developing, Least Developed Country (LDC) or Small Island Development State (SIDS) economies, as listed on the United Nations Website within the Asia Pacific region.
Professional Fellowships are available for those who have completed their studies, are employed or seeking work, or managing a business.
- Preference is given to those who have not yet had any experience with an APNIC conference; however, it is open to everyone.
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge gained from the fellowship experience to encourage local interest in participating in the APNIC community.
- Good understanding of the importance of APNIC's role in managing critical Internet number resources in the Asia Pacific region.
- Interest in contributing to the APNIC Policy Development Process (PDP).
- A willingness to support APNIC's capacity-building program at NOGs and/or local events.
- A willingness to contribute to APNIC's fellowship alumni networks.
APNIC introduced the Youth Fellowship initiative to encourage and foster the confidence, passion, and commitment of the next generation of the Asia Pacific Internet community’s technical leaders. It offers young people an opportunity to learn and share ideas with the APNIC community and technical experts from around the world.
- Applicant age under 30 years.
- Currently pursuing studies or graduated in an ICT course at a recognized educational institution.
- Provides clear evidence of strong motivation for attending the APNIC fellowship program.
- Demonstrates interest and knowledge in APNIC activities.
- Demonstrates experience in participating in discussions at national and regional levels, and in multicultural environments.
- A willingness to contribute to APNIC's policy development, Internet governance activities, and fellowship alumni networks.