NRO NUMBER COUNCIL (NC) ELECTIONS 2021 - NOMINATIONS
All nominations are listed on this website after APNIC confirms the nominee is able and willing to serve on the NRO NC.
The final list of nominees are listed below in the order their nominations were received:
Who can make a nomination?
Anybody may nominate any person as a candidate.
Who can be nominated?
Any individual residing within the Asia Pacific region may be nominated, with the exception of staff members of any Regional Internet Registry (RIR).
Self nominations are permitted.
The nominee must meet the following two eligibility criteria:
Registered for the current conference (APNIC 52) with the registration form submitted before the start of the current conference.
Deadline is 10:00 (UTC +8), Tuesday, 14 September 2021
- Registered and attended at least one of the past eight APRICOT or APNIC standalone conferences (not including the current conference):
- APNIC 51 Online
- APNIC 50 Online
- APNIC 49 with APRICOT 2020 in Melbourne, Australia
- APNIC 48 in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- APNIC 47 with APRICOT 2019 in Daejeon, South Korea
- APNIC 46 in Noumea, New Caledonia
- APNIC 45 with APRICOT 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal
- APNIC 44 in Taichung, Taiwan
The successful nominee will be elected to serve on the NRO NC/ASO AC for 2 years from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2023.
Role responsibilities and time commitments of NRO NC members
The time commitments for members of the NRO NC (and by association, the ASO AC) can be quite considerable and include
- attending monthly meetings (held via video/teleconference) with the NRO NC which are generally held at 12:00pm (noon) UTC;
- attending additional special meetings which can be called for any purpose at any time;
- attending three conferences per year, being the first ICANN Meeting of the year and two APNIC conferences;
- participating in additional NRO/ASO committees;
- joining and actively participate in the APNIC Policy SIG mailing list and Open Policy Meetings; and
- meeting with the APNIC Executive Council and the Policy SIG Chairs immediately following the Policy SIG meeting.
In addition to the above, meetings of the NRO NC and related committees are usually accompanied by briefing and background documents which should be read in order for NRO NC members to be able to actively participate in discussions.