IANA Numbering Services Review Committee Elections 2021 - ABOUT
About IANA RC Elections
Upcoming election at APNIC 52
The APNIC 52 Conference will include the community election for one seat on the IANA Numbering Services Review Committee (IANA RC) from the APNIC region.
Any individual residing within the Asia Pacific region may be nominated, with the exception of staff members of any Regional Internet Registry (RIR). Self-nominations are permitted.
What is the IANA RC and why be elected?
The Internet Number Community proposal to the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group (ICG) called for the establishment of an IANA Numbering Services Review Committee (IANA RC).
The Review Committee consists of 15 members, three from each of the five RIR regions.
Of these three appointees to the IANA RC:
- One member is elected by the RIR community from its region and serve a two-year term.
- One member is appointed by the Board of the RIR and serves a one-year term.
- One member is appointed from the RIR staff as a non-voting member.
Click here for the current IANA RC members.
Duties of IANA RC members
The Review Committee is a tool for the Internet Number Community to evaluate and review performance of the IANA Numbering Services provided. This includes:
- Advise and assist the Number Resource Organization (NRO EC) in its periodic review of the service level of the IANA Numbering Services provided to the Internet Number Community.
- Report to the NRO EC any concerns regarding the performance of the IANA Numbering Services Operator, including any observed failure or near-failure by the IANA Numbering Services Operator to meet its obligations under the Service Level Agreement.
- Does not have any power to commit the NRO EC to any recommendation or decision made by it, except where and to the extent that it has express delegated authority from the NRO EC.
IANA RC Code of Conduct
Review Committee members must:
- Act honestly, conscientiously and fairly in accordance with law.
- Act in good faith in the best interests of the Internet community at all times.
- Avoid any conflict, or potential conflict, of interests.
- Not make any improper use of information or of their position.
The Review Committee will meet entirely via teleconference for its activities. Meetings will be held at least twice each year, and more often as required.
Read more about the IANA RC.