APNIC COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
APNIC coordinates many community activities, including conferences, meetings, trainings, workshops, and social events. These are organized for the benefit of all participants, and are intended to be valuable and enjoyable to all. This Code of Conduct explains expectations for anyone participating in these events, including delegates, guests and speakers, APNIC staff and all others involved. It applies not only to physical events, but also to remote participants and online meeting spaces.
It is expected that participants behave properly and positively at all times: showing respect and courtesy to others wherever possible, and ensuring a safe and inclusive environment.
We hope that all attendees feel welcome and comfortable to participate fully, therefore we are committed to providing an environment free of the following unacceptable behaviors:
- Discrimination, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
- Harassment, including offensive speech, threats or demands, sharing of sexualized media, stalking, photography or recording without consent, or unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention.
- Misbehavior including disturbance to others or to event proceedings, misuse of property, trespass, theft or other antisocial acts.
- Unacceptable behavior by any community member, including those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.? Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, including temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the event without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
- If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing conduct [at] apnic.net. Please read the Reporting Guidelines for more information.
- Additionally, Secretariat event staff are available to help community members experiencing unacceptable behavior. In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts if needed by anyone experiencing distress.