2017 APNIC EC Election voting
Only organizations with a current APNIC Member account are eligible to vote in EC elections online through MyAPNIC or on site at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Voting entitlements are only available to individuals who are Corporate Contacts, or Authorized Contacts with voting rights given by the Corporate Contact.
Onsite voting takes place during the APNIC AGM on Thursday, 2 March 2017 from 09:00 - 14:00 (UTC +7)* at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers, Viet Nam.
Corporate Contacts, contacts with voting rights, or appointed proxies can collect ballot papers at 08:30 (UTC +7)* from the Voting Desk.
Online voting opens on Thursday, 16 February 2017 and closes on Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 9:00 (UTC +7).
Corporate Contacts may appoint a proxy to vote onsite on their behalf. The proxy holder need not be from the Member organization, but must be registered to attend the AGM in person.
Important information about the Proxy Appointment Form
- Only APNIC Member’s Corporate Contacts may appoint a proxy. The proxy appointment is valid only after the APNIC Secretariat has sent an acknowledgement to the Corporate Contact, confirming that the proxy appointment is valid.
- The proxy appointment may be made to any person who is a registered and paid Conference delegate.
- The proxy appointment form will only be valid if:
- It is submitted during the time the proxy appointment is open; and
- All fields are completed correctly and signed by the Corporate Contact; and
- The Member account status is open
- Proxy appointment forms that do not meet all the requirements of paragraph 3 above will be rejected, and there will be no opportunity to make any correction to an invalid proxy appointment form. A new proxy appointment form may be submitted during the time the proxy appointment is open.
- Please retain the original copy of the form for verification purposes for at least seven days after the APNIC Annual General Meeting.
- Proxy appointment closes on Tuesday 28 February 2017, at 09:00 (UTC +7).
How to submit proxy appointment
- By email – Please complete, and sign the proxy form and send a scanned copy to email@example.com (subject line: APNIC 43 EC election).
- By fax – Please complete and sign the proxy form and return it by fax to +61-7-3858-3199.
- Online – You must login to MyAPNIC using two-factor authentication, using either:
- Digital certificates (www.apnic.net/certificate-guide), or
- TOTP (time-based one-time password) (www.apnic.net/2fa)
*On-site voting commences when the Election Chair announces the start of the voting.