the Open Policy Meeting at APNIC 40, Sumon Ahmed Sabir was elected as Co-Chair of the APNIC Policy SIG. The community congratulates Sumon on his appointment to the two-year term.
The APNIC 40 Open Policy Meeting had the following outcomes. The full agenda, including transcripts and video archive is available below.
The following proposals reached consensus at the Open Policy Meeting and then later at the APNIC Member Meeting (AMM) and were returned to the mailing list for the final Comment Period.
- prop-113: Modification in the IPv4 eligibility criteria
- prop-114: Modification in the ASN eligibility criteria
One proposal did not reach consensus and was returned to the author for further consideration.
- prop-115 - Registration of detailed assignment information in whois DB
- Geoff Huston (APNIC): The Status of APNIC’s IPv4 Resources: Exhaustion & Transfers
- Jim Cowie (Dyn): IPv4: Mining Strategic Reserves
- Tomohiro Fujisaki (NTT): IP addressing and IoT/M2M services
- Adam Gosling (APNIC) - Consultation on Policy Documentation
- Guangliang Pan (APNIC): Whois update from the Secretariat
Consensus Policy Development
Internet number resources are shared public resources, available for use by anyone who can demonstrate the need for them. Delegation and management policies are decided by the community in a consensus decision-making process run by the Policy SIG.