MPLS Based Metro Ethernet Services
|When:||Wednesday, 27 February 2013|
|Time:||14:00 - 17:30 (UTC +8)|
|Where:||Azalea (White & Pink)|
This tutorial is aimed towards participants who have some knowledge ofMPLS and would like to gain an understanding of how to build Metro Ethernet networks using existing or new MPLS networks. The first part of the tutorial will focus on the following:
- Basics Metro Ethernet services, as specified by the Metro Ethernet Forum
- A detailed look at pseudowire technology and how it can be used to provide emulation of Ethernet services.
- A detailed discussion of Ethernet Virtual Private Wire Services (VPWS)and Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS).
- Providing resiliency for VPLS services.
- Scaling VPLS and VPWS-based services using hierarchical concepts.
- OAM capabilities in Metro Ethernet networks.
- New developments in IEEE such as Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) with a comparison against IETF alternatives such as TRILL.
The second part of the tutorial will consider a few case studies:
- A basic Metro Ethernet network
- Extension of the basic Metro Ethernet network to provide inter-Metro services
- Advanced resiliency techniques for L2 VPNs.