NRO NC Elections
During the Policy SIG meeting on Thursday, 30 August 2012, Naresh Ajwani was re-elected for another two-year term to the NRO NC.
The APNIC 34 Conference in Phnom Penh, Cambodia will include the community election for a new Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) representative.
The term of Naresh Ajwani will expire on 31 December 2012. One individual will be selected to serve on the NRO NC for two years from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2014.
Any individual may be nominated, except staff members of any Regional Internet Registry (RIR). You may nominate yourself.
What is the NRO NC and why be elected?
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) negotiated between the NRO and ICANN called for the establishment of the NRO NC in October 2004. Under the terms of this MoU, the NC performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC).
The NRO NC consists of 15 members, three from each of the five RIR regions.
Of these three appointees to the NRO NC:
- Two members are elected by the regional Members, and serve a two-year term
- One is appointed by the Board of the RIR, and serves a one-year term
Duties of NRO NC members
As a member of the NRO NC, you will:
- Oversee recommendations on global IP address policy that results from the various RIRs' policy development processes
- Have direct influence on the implementation of these policies
- Participate in the management of policy development activities
- Appoint people to the ICANN Board of Directors
|2012 NRO NC Election Timeline|
|Monday, 28 May 2012||Nominations open|
|Monday, 30 July 2012||17:30 (UTC +10)||Nominations close|
|Monday, 13 August 2012||Online voting opens|
|Tuesday, 28 August 2012||11:00 (UTC +7)||Online voting closes|
|Thursday, 30 August 2012||11:00 - 14:00 (UTC +7)||On-site voting|
Please note: UTC +10 denotes Brisbane time. UTC +7 denotes Cambodian time.
Learn more about how APNIC represents time.
About NRO NC Election Timelines
The dates and times that govern the APNIC election process are measured backwards from the close of voting on the election day. The election day is the day of the Policy SIG at the APNIC Conference where the election is being held.
During the week of the APNIC Conference, the times are calculated according to the local time at the event location. In this case, Cambodian time (UTC +7).
- Nominations open at least 90 days before the APNIC Conference starts
- Nominations close 30 days before the APNIC Conference starts
- Online voting opens 10 days before the APNIC Conference starts
- Online voting closes 48 hours before on-site voting starts
- On-site voting takes place on the Policy SIG day
Voting takes place either online or on site at APNIC Conferences.
APNIC Members can vote online in NRO NC elections. Using MyAPNIC, each Member organization is entitled to cast one vote. Only corporate contacts or contacts with voting rights may vote.
- Online voting closes 48 hours before on-site voting starts.
- No proxy vote is available for the NRO NC election.
On-site voting takes place during the Policy SIG at APNIC Conferences. People voting on site must be registered for either the current APNIC Conference they are attending, or have been registered for at least one previous APNIC Conference since APNIC 10. Verification of your entitlement to vote against official records will be used where necessary.
Nominations are now closed. The nominees are listed here in the order that their nominations were received.
NRO NC Nominees
Who can make a nomination?
Anybody may nominate any person as a candidate.
Who can be nominated?
You may nominate anyone, including yourself, or a representative of your organization.
How to make a nomination?
Nominations are now closed.